Facility Advisory Committee (FAC)
The Board of Education’s official charge to the Facility Advisory Committee will be as follows:
The Edgerton School District Board of Education authorizes the creation of an advisory committee, to be known as the Facility Advisory Committee (FAC), which is charged with identifying and confirming needs as well as exploring potential solutions to our District’s PreK-12th grade facility needs. The Board desires the following matters to be considered by the FAC in making recommendations to the Board of Education for potential future action:
- Identify and evaluate (in partnership with District leadership and JP Cullen, and an architectural consultant) immediate, emerging, and future infrastructure, building system, and educational needs.
- Propose options/renovations/upgrades that support safe and accessible learning environments.
- Provide purposeful spaces that inspire innovative learning, accommodate evolving technology and promote collaboration amongst students, staff, parents and the community.
- Recommend a solution that is cost-effective for the taxpayer while providing for an enduring end-product that is energy efficient and adaptable for decades to come for all communities we serve.
- Learn about and discuss the operational needs (curriculum, technology, personnel, equipment, etc.) identified by the School Board.
- Serve as information providers and key communicators to the community throughout the process.