What are Fun Nights?
They are an opportunity for middle school students to get together to play games, listen to music, dance, and watch movies. Also the gym is open for basketball and volleyball.
These events are sponsored by the District’s Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention Committee as positive, fun drug-free activities!
What do I need to know about Fun Nights?
Fun Nights are only open to students of Edgerton Middle School.
Teachers, as well as some parent volunteers, supervise all Fun Nights.
They last from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m., and for safety reasons are lock-ins. This means that once a student arrives, he or she is not allowed to leave. Students should arrive no later than 6:45 p.m. and may not leave until 9:00 p.m. (unless a parent comes into the building to pick them up).
The admission cost is $3.00.
Snacks, pizza, and beverages are also available for purchase
Students may only enter through the main doors in the front of the building.
Fun Night Schedule
Please check the Middle School Calendar for all Fun Night and Dance dates.
All dances are from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Admission is $4.00
ONLY CURRENT Edgerton Middle School students in good standing are allowed to attend.
Fun Night General Rules
- Please arrive as close to 6:30 as possible. You must wait outside the building.
- Admission is $3.00. It is great if you have three $1.00 bills so we do not have to make change at the door.
- Form two lines to enter. No pushing in line!
- You must arrive by approx. 6:45, or you will not be allowed in (unless a parent is with you and explains why you are late).
MAKE SURE YOU WALK FROM PLACE TO PLACE – NO RUNNING!
In the commons:
- The commons area is for dancing, snacking, and playing board & card games. No students are allowed on the ramps or in the circle.
- Dancing – be safe and appropriate! No "slam dancing" of any sort is allowed.
- No students are allowed behind the disc jockey table except the disc jockey!
- Snacking – most snacks are $.50. Do not leave open beverages sitting around! We will dump out any unattended water or juice. Put bottles in the recycle bin and trash in the garbage can.
- Games – check out games from the parents selling snacks; make sure you pick up all pieces and return the game when you are finished.
In the movie:
- There will be a movie showing in the music room, starting at approx. 6:45 p.m.
- Snacking is allowed, but all wrappers and trash must be thrown away.
- Please be quiet and considerate of the other people watching the movie.
In the gym:
SAFETY IS OUR FIRST CONCERN!
- No shots are allowed past the three-point line.
- Do not kick or throw any balls.
- If there are volleyballs available, you may bump and pass the volleyball in a circle. No serving or hitting the volleyball across the gym.
- If you hit the lights with a ball by accident, you owe 20 pushups.
- If you hit the lights or anything else on purpose you are out of the gym for the night.
- Any arguing will result in "sitting out" for at least 15 minutes.
After Fun Night:
- Fun Night is from 6:30 – 9:00. No one is allowed to leave before 9:00.
- Please make sure your ride home is here at 9:00!
If you have any additional questions about Fun Nights please feel free to contact me at the middle school!
Sincerely,Jill Wileman7th grade cross-categorical teacher561-6235